Saturday 17 December 2016

Welcome to the Beltline

After blogging for over ten years as Bill Longstaff and before that as the Matriarchist, I decided to take a short break. It seems the short break has turned into a long break, so I am starting afresh and here I am as Views from the Beltline. A new blog for a new year. Why the Beltline? Well, because that's where I live ... in Calgary.

I took a short/long break after becoming wearied of the lack of civility in the blogging world. There's nothing like anonymity to bring out the worst in people.

Nonetheless, I am drawn back. I enjoy scribbling too much to stay away, and I find there is no better way to ferret out what you really think about something than trying to write it out in clear, concise language.

As for the incivility thing, I will welcome comments but only from authors who identify themselves, i.e. those who have the courage of their convictions. I may accept pseudonyms from bloggers I have gotten to know and respect after my many years on Progressive Bloggers. Anonymous comments will neither be read nor published. And I will, of course, attempt to maintain a civilized tone myself.

So with that caveat, I am back on the Web. I hope you'll join me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not too familiar with your posts on Progressive Bloggers, but judging by your first 2 posts on beltline I will be searching out your posts to read what you have to say. You're right, I'm afraid, that we do have our favourite dictators and who knows, in our democracies, some of our leaders look like they too may become dictators and maybe they can also become our favourites. As too your post on Dr. Strangelove, I thought it was hilarious.
Looking forward to reading more of what you think.